Friday, May 1, 2009



What have I been doing for the last two days? Well it hasn't been crafting. I've been cooking! I've made dishes to put up in the freezer. Billy and I went to Sam's (where you buy in bulk). So I've been dividing meat into small portions and wrapping it for the freezer. Do I like to cook you ask? Sometimes, but the older I get the more I realize there are other things I would rather do. Like crafting, shopping, reading and gardening. OK gardening falls into the same category as cooking. I have to be in the mood and I like the end results more than the process. I have to laugh my two youngest sons (ages 20 and 23) have shown a very strong interest in cooking lately? I mean they are spending their money on cook books, knife sets, pots and pans. They are watching cooking shows. buying seasonings, spices and ingredients. They are trying new recipes and leaving my kitchen a mess. OK we are working on that part. One is better than the other! They show an interest when I try a new recipe and ask me questions. It's almost scary in a good way? Guess who's cooking Thanksgiving Dinner next November!!!!

2 comments:

Lesley Edmonds said...

Hi Donna,
I'm with you on the gardening, I love the end result and not particularly the process - but it's all worth while..........
Lesley x
ps I have a lot of weeding to do tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, I'd rather do anything than cook. That's great about your sons though, hopefully they will continue to cook and enjoy it!!