Friday, June 3, 2011

In My Herb Garden #4

Just a quick update on my Eastern Black Swallowtail caterpillar. Yesterday evening I went out to check on my caterpillar, In just a few hours had already gone from the pre-pula stage into the Chrysalis stage!! I wish I had checked back just a little earlier, I may had seen it happening. Oh well, I guess I can't stand over it like a mother hen!! Next the Chrysalis should become transparent, then I will know the time is near for a beautiful butterfly to emerge. I am enjoying watching this metamorphosis process!!!! I do hope I get a picture of the butterfly before it flies away!


Lesley said...

Amazing. The butterfly should be there for a while when it emerges as it has to wait for the blood to pump into its wings. Fascinating.

Sandy Michelle said...

Wow you are lucky to have been there at the right time :)


artistamyjo said...

I'm a new follower,hope you'll come join me as well.
I have an herb garden too!
Hugs, Amy