Friday, June 3, 2011

In My Herb Garden #4

Just a quick update on my Eastern Black Swallowtail caterpillar. Yesterday evening I went out to check on my caterpillar, In just a few hours had already gone from the pre-pula stage into the Chrysalis stage!! I wish I had checked back just a little earlier, I may had seen it happening. Oh well, I guess I can't stand over it like a mother hen!! Next the Chrysalis should become transparent, then I will know the time is near for a beautiful butterfly to emerge. I am enjoying watching this metamorphosis process!!!! I do hope I get a picture of the butterfly before it flies away!

3 comments:

Lesley Edmonds said...

Amazing. The butterfly should be there for a while when it emerges as it has to wait for the blood to pump into its wings. Fascinating.
x

Unknown said...

Wow you are lucky to have been there at the right time :)

Sandy

Art From The heart said...

I'm a new follower,hope you'll come join me as well.
I have an herb garden too!
Hugs, Amy