Sunday, August 21, 2011

Rag Rug Purse

I made this purse using the rag rug technique that my friend Heather from The Patchwork Heart uses to make adorable rugs. I used muslin fabric. It is so soft and fluffy, I'm very happy the way it turned out.

I found this lamp shade at a antique store on our vacation. I had been looking for a lampshade for this lamp that goes beside my chair in my craft cottage.......I saw this one and knew it would be perfect. It's kind of stained, but I think that makes it even more interesting. The lamp was brass and I painted it the same color as the lampshade. It has that cottage look.




9 comments:

The Patchwork Heart said...

Lovely to see your new creation , very nice ... now Im waiting with anticipation for the pink and blue rug which will look so perfect in your craft cottage :)
Heather x

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous purse it must feel wonderful! great make XOXO Zoe

Chicken Licken said...

Oooo that bag is just sooo cuddlesome! I LOVE it!

Art From The heart said...

What a great purse,and the lamp is sooooo vintage.
Hugs

Nancy said...

First of all I am so glad you are back blogging; I missed you....

Love the purse; so unique and looks so soft...That was a great idea.....I know the lamp must look perfect in your cottage....Isn't it great when you find just the right item you were looking for.....I love finding treasures...

I hope you have a wonderful week and thanks for the visit....

Hugs and blessings,
Nancy

Lesley Edmonds said...

Such a gorgeous bag Donna and your lamp looks wonderful. I remember my Grandma used to have a very similar lamp and shade in her flat years ago but the lamp stand was dark wood and the shade was gold.
xx

Anonymous said...

This purse is terrific fun!

donna said...

I just love your bag. What a great idea.
Hugs
donna

Kathy said...

Love the purse! It looks sweet hanging - great find on the lampshade. I have been searching for some and haven't found just the right one - you know it when you do!
Have a great weekend,
Kathy