Monday, February 21, 2011

Christmas Cards

I know that Christmas has come and gone, however I have not posted on my blog much. So missed putting anything on my blog last Christmas. I had made two Christmas Cards that were very special to me. They are similar but different. I just really wanted to share them!!!

I took an old black and white photo of my older sister, older brother and myself playing in the snow. It wasn't the best picture, but it was the only one I had of us in the snow. We didn't get lots of snow in West Texas. I scanned and printed it. I took some pastels and gave it some color. I added fine glitter to highlight the snow. I made some crepe paper rosettes and added glitter to them and some embellishments. I made one for my sister and one for my brother. I think they really liked them, because they were so personal.


Cheryl said...

Oh that is just precious! Well done. Have you ever tried the site It is fabulous for fixing up old photos-- kinda like a photoshop of sorts. (not that I've ever used photoshop) Its free too :-)

Donna said...

Thank you Cheryl, no I've never tried that site, my son has used photoshop.

Lesley said...

Stunning cards. Very beautiful. Love all the detail.
Lesley x

Jose said...

Two lovely Christmas cards, love the paper rosettes you made.