Thursday, June 3, 2010

When Life Gives You Lemons......



Several weeks ago I was co-hosting a baby shower with my friend Pam. We were using my Grandma Scott's old china and one of the plates was accidentally broken. It happens, no need to cry over spilled milk or broken plates. I must admit the first thing that popped into my head was " Oh I'll use it for a mosaic project that I've been wanting to do". That is after I comforted my friend who felt awful about breaking it. I'll go out and buy pretty plates to use for mosaics, but I can never bring myself to purposely break them!!! So here was the perfect opportunity. I've had this old cheese cover just waiting to use it for this project! I sanded it and painted it pink to match the china. Now this is my first mosaic and I didn't do the best job. But practice makes perfect and I have another old cheese cover, if someone wants to come over and a break some of my china? Just kidding!!!! So when Life Gives you Lemons........Mosaic!!!!

5 comments:

Pammy said...

OMG!! I felt so bad and look what a beautiful work of art you Made!! It is so Awesome, I will have to show Monica what you did!!

Zoechaos said...

Your poor friend can tell she is still upset about the accident but hay it was a happy accident and your made over cheese plate is gorgeous. I'll pop over anytime and smash your china xx Zoe

Lesley Edmonds said...

Awww Bless! 'stuff' doesn't matter does it! It's friendships that count.

Lovely for a first attempt Donna! I wouldn't know where to begin with mosaic so good on you!

I did indeed receive your lovely package last week and send you a really long email of thanks and news - did yoou not get it?

I'll see if I can find it and send it again...

Lesley x

Linda said...

Hi Donna! Thanks for visiting my blog - nice to hear from you!!! Love the mosaic, great idea!

Unknown said...

That is just the coolest idea ever! How great that you turned your lemons into lemonade ;) Thanks for the congrats on being an Auntie :)
Sandy xox