Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sheep of the Week

This sheep was given to me as a gift from my friend Charlotte. This is Flora, here is some information I copied from the internet." EWE AND ME by Toni GoffeEnesco brings us Ewe and Me by Toni Goffe, a collection of stylish sheep in knitted sweaters and fun shoes and boots. These whimsical resin figurines are full of character and will bring a chuckle to anyone who sees them. The inspiration for this collection occurred when Toni and his wife were out for a drive...."My wife and I were going to our favorite pub in the countryside when we saw a field of very cold-looking sheep; they had all been recently shorn and were looking very sorry for themselves. When we got to the pub my wife said she'd like to knit them some little hats and jumpers to keep them warm until their fleece grew again. I drew a picture of what they would look like and there began Ewe and Me." Toni Goffe's art is collected worldwide and his humorous characters have inspired numerous successful collections, including Cool Cats and Hot Dogs and Catalandia."
Charlotte saw Flora and knew I need her in my collection.

No comments: